Friday, August 29, 2008

ANTIQUE HOME TOUR: PART III and A SHADOW SHOT

The last part of this old house I have to show you is the kitchen...so if you'd like to follow me through here...

This is the kitchen. In the 6 years we've been here, we've never really finished it. This is the only area of the house that actually had to be gutted...except for the built in cabinets.




I love this wall of cupboards! I can't tell you how many hours I sat in front of these, stripping layer upon layer of paint and 100 year old varnish! I thought I'd never get them done. I actually still haven't really finished them, remnants of paint can be found in some of the grooves and on the hardware. Lucky for me I'm not a perfectionist!


One of the things I love about these cupboards is that they hold my Fiesta ware perfectly!

This is the bathroom off the kitchen.

I'd like to thank everyone for joining me on this tour. I hope you enjoyed it. I believe somewhere in the last two posts I promised a special treat today. I wish you were all here to share these with me...

...possibly my favorite food! Chili Rellenos! What I can share is my recipe. For those interested you'll find it posted in my sidebar.

Tomorrow I leave for my last Allegan and Burley Park shows of the season...if you're in the neighborhood please stop by and say hi!

I leave you with my shadow shot...


You can visit all the other Shadow Shooters on Australian Sunday at Hey Harriet. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Labor Day to all in the U.S.!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

Return to Home Page.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin