Thursday, August 7, 2008

FERRIS WHEELS AND FUNNEL CAKES

Tuesday night my husband and I...let's just call him Kevin...went to our local county fair. I thought you might like to see a few of the sights...

I have a thing for pigs! We didn't find any piglets...just these bad boys!


Cows have the sweetest eyes! Ok, well this one looks a little crazed...


Baby anythings are just too cute!

Goats...he looks a little wild eyed too!

...and sheep.

I've never seen a 4 horned sheep...or maybe he was a goat.

And I thought I was unphotogenic!

Had to snap these for our bunny girl;D


Our county's take on the Westminster Dog Show...

Or how 'bout our local version of Fashion Week...


Martha Stewart would be so proud...I didn't even know you could get a ribbon for a place setting?!

...or flower arranging.

I thought some of the cakes looked pretty darn good!

Oops, looks like someone gave this one a little poke.



Pick me! Pick me!


The fine art of doily making is still alive and well here in the heartland!


Looks like a lot of work went into this pretty quilt!

People got ribbons for all kinds of stuff!!








After touring all the barns and exhibit hall Kev & I headed for the midway...he promised me a ride on the Ferris wheel and a funnel cake!

A little local color while waiting in line...I think he is from one of the sideshows?

A view from the top...

I'm proud to say I've never eaten a corn dog!

Nothing spells romance like a big gob of deep fried dough:P

As the sun sets in the western sky, until next year, we bid a fond farewell to the county fair!


I hope you all enjoyed the tour of our county fair! I will be spending the weekend on the Blue Water Antique Yard Sale Trail. If you're in the Michigan thumb area be on the look out for me in Caseville!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin