Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mmmm....DONUTS...

One of my favorite places to go every fall is the Parshallville Grist Mill. Every year between Labor Day and mid November this historic, 136 year old mill comes alive with the signs of the season.



Oh the smells! Just wonderful! Michigan apples are crated into the mill and pressed into the most delicious cider...you can watch the process if you like. They also make homemade apple pies and carmeled apples from the harvest. And best of all to me...they make the most wonderful fresh made donuts! Mmmm...donuts.



You can get a bag of hot fresh donuts and a glass of their fantastic cold cider (hot if you like)...take it down to the creek...sit on the bank among that fall leaves...and eat your self sick! Oh they are so good!

I have not made my annual pilgrimage to Parshallville yet this year...but I will! So, what got me thinking about it...other than the shortening days and the new crispness to the air...



...you knew it had to be something old! I was looking in the basement for "new" inventory for my shops and I found this donut maker. I have another one in my kitchen cupboard...I try not to use it too often. But they are so fun! You can have your own hot fresh donuts right at home whenever you want. Now if only I had a cider press!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin