Friday, September 5, 2008

SUMMER'S BOUNTY and A SHADOW SHOT

Happy Friday! I hope everyone has wonderful plans for the weekend! On Saturday, I'll be doing my final show for the summer, at the Corunna Founders Day Celebration...I've never been there before...so it should be interesting.

This spring I showed a picture of our pear tree loaded with blossoms. We now have a bumper crop of pears...and they are delicious!! I found this old pickers bag, when we first moved here, and it comes in very handy at harvest time!! Gillis loves pears! He watches the fruit growing all summer, waiting for them to be ready...and then he picks his own right from the tree!! They are lip smacking good:D




Although I've canned pears from this tree in the past...I'm not sure I'll get to that this year. I do have a new recipe I'm going to try next week with pears and squash...if it turns out good, I'll share it with you. Do you have any good pear recipes? I'd love to hear about them!

Sunday is Kev's birthday and we have some special plans...so here's my early Shadow Shot.

Have a great weekend!!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin