Thursday, October 23, 2008

NO NEED TO CALL OUT THE CAVALRY…

…I’ve made it home safely from the estate sale. Actually I’ve made it home twice. I came home and had lunch, unloaded and headed back for a second go at it. I’m pooped!But a promise is a promise!

The prices weren’t bad…just a few things a little higher than I really wanted to pay. Like the red enamel ware table and the wrought iron bird cage stand and a great chandelier...they were all still there after lunch...so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I'll go back on Saturday for 1/2 price day hopefully those things will still be waiting for me.

As it turns out the other brother is not deceased (just the artist one). The other is alive and well and I had a very nice visit with him.

So, what did I get…well let me first apologize for the quality of the pictures. They didn’t turn out so great…but I just don’t have the energy to take better photos. So here you go….

The big heap ‘o stuff.










I missed out on a lot of the furniture...and don't hate me but three dress forms! Doh!! But the clothes grabbed my attention and wouldn't let go! Wanna play dress up?











What I was loving about these clothes was not only that they are in great condition...and cuter than they look in these photos...but that they are mostly larger sizes 14, 16, 18! Two of them...I don't think you can tell, but they are sundresses with little bolero jackets...very cute!

I got over 100 vintage greeting cards!

These are a few of my favs...





Oh! And these totally Atomic curtains...


There are two huge panels!!

For the cracked doll head contingent...how 'bout foot under glass?!


I got a lot of vintage patterns...can't wait to look thru those better.


And a little box of wallpaper boarder.


Hopefully I will find them all new homes...and all my little orphan treasures will have new forever homes where they can live happily ever after! The end.

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin