Saturday, November 22, 2008

BOOK TAG and SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY

Earlier this week Pat tagged me to "Share seven random and/or weird book facts about yourself". Never being quite sure what constitutes random or weird...this is what I came up with...

1.) I have a book fetish.






Oh...there's more...but I think you get the idea. I love books for books sake. I love them for the very idea that someone took the time to sit down and write them. I love them because everything there is to know is contained within their covers (this sounds more meaningful if you are older than the Internet).

2.) I'm often asked if I've read all my books. My answer...no. Oh, I've read loads of them. But, when I started collecting them I was still at an age where I was deluded enough to think I would have plenty of time to read them all. I must have thought that I would somehow be independently wealthy and have hours on end to sit and read. Silly child!



3.) Those books up there...they came with the house. I feel obligated to make sure all books have a proper home...I could not even think of kicking them out of their house.

4.) This was one of my first books.





I think I memorized every poem in this little book and recited them ad nauseum. They're still in there...rattling around my brain...with a lot of other useless information. No wonder I can't remember where I put things...my brain is full of silly childhood poetry.

Now, where was I...oh yes 5.) I loved books so much as a child that I was befriended by our grade school librarian. Mrs. Guiette would come and get me out of class to help her re-shelve books in the little basement library. This was my favorite book at that age...



...it had been loved to death by myself and the other children. When it was time to be discarded...Mrs. Guiette gave it to me.




I have a thing for pigs too...but that's another story.

6.) One of my favorite books of my 20's was this one...



...how I wanted to be Osa!

7.) In an effort to force my love of books on the next generation...I bought my niece and nephew book kits for Christmas one year. I never got a copy of my nephews...but here's my nieces.





I'm thinking my efforts may have been successful, at least where my niece is concern. She's already "borrowed" a stack off the shelf...at least a year ago...and they've not returned! I hope they've become the beginning of her own book fetish!!

The rules of this tag are:

1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share seven random and/or weird book facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Anyone who wants to play along...consider yourself tagged. Let me know and I'll link to your post.

While getting photos for this tag I found a couple of old Emily Post books I didn't even remember I had. I brought them down to have a better look at and snapped this Shadow Shot.


Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend! To have a look at all the other Shadow Shots...swing by Hey Harriet's and follow the links.

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin