Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HEIRLOOM TREASURES

I found these at an estate sale recently. A little bag, hanging in among the purses, filled with balls of some sort of crochet work. It wasn't until after I got home, gave them a good soak and started ironing them...that I realised what they were...a lovely handmade coaster set...with their own beautiful storage bag! I thought they were just so great I had to share them with everyone.






Can you imagine how many hours someone worked on those! If they don't deserve to be a treasured heirloom...I don't know what does!! It is so very tempting to keep these. I have to keep telling myself..."I can't keep it all". They would be so perfect on an elegantly set dinner table...I'm thinking Christmas...with all the good silver and china. I've listed these in my Etsy Vintage Shop. But I've got to say, I'm really thinking if they don't sell before Christmas...well, guess whose table they'll be gracing?!

I hope everyone here in the states has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin