Friday, January 30, 2009

AWARDS & PRIZES & LAMPSHADES...oh my!

AWARDS:
In response to the exuberance of my last post Peggy, the delightful author of Peg's Life In The Button Jar, passed along a sweet little award to me...



How cute! This little award is to be given to bloggers who show great attitude and/or gratitude. Well all right! Thanks so much Peggy...I certainly appreciate the recognition!!

The rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 8 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

I'm actually going to try to follow the rules this time...as I've only just recently met Peggy and I don't want to let her know, just yet, what a putz I am about following rules. Hummm...probably just spilled the beans. Well, I think it's only right...in the spirit of the award, that I at least try to improve my rule following attitude...so here goes...I would like to present this award to...

T. of Tea and Honey Bread for her Great Sassy Attitude...maybe it will help her get her mojo back.

Karla & Kerri of Summer Kitchen Interiors for their Great and Ever Upbeat Attitudes.

Charmaine the High Desert Diva for her Very Great Classy Attitude.

The lovely Miss Tracy of Hey Harriet for her Great Creative Attitude. BTW if you haven’t checked out her new Ttv art shots…check them out here.

Sharon of Sweet Repose with her Great Poetic Attitude.

Cecile Dream Create Repeat for her Great Helpful Attitude.

The talented Rachel of Two Dog Pond with her Great Generous Attitude.

M.Kate author of La Vie Est Belle for the Greatest Attitude of International Friendship.

I would like to thank all of you for having such great 'tudes! Great 'tudes are contagious...so keep up the good work!! If you haven't already visited any of these blogs...I certainly recommend that you do!

PRIZES:

On Monday I offered up some Inaugural souvenirs. This afternoon I put the names of those desiring one into the Randomizer and it spit out 4 lucky winners. Debbie, Tracy, Pat and Eki...if you 4 would email me your mailing addresses, I will get those buttons on their way. I'm so sorry to those that came out on the bottom of the randomized list. I wish I'd thought to get more of them:(

LAMPSHADES:

Well, really there is just one lampshade. But it is some lampshade...and it belongs to some lamp!

This morning my mother, sister-in-law and I set out for a "rare in these parts" winter rummage sale. It was a bust. So in quest of fulfilling our junking joneses we went to a couple of local consignment shops.

One of our stops was to GARAGE SALE 360. I planned on a link to their FaceBook page here...until I got to Facebook and could find nothing more than a photo of the owner. I'm registered on FaceBook...but have never really used it. I only joined to keep tabs on my teenaged niece:0 When I got there...on Facebook...I realized I have no clue how the site works and what there even is to see there. Anyway, if you're ever in Fenton Michigan, Garage Sale 360 is located at 1011 W. Silver Lake Rd. Do stop in. You never know what fun things you'll find there. What we found was spectacular! It is the most fabulous 1940's-50's lamp. I know from previous experience, this will not be up many of my readers alley...but I LOVE it!!







To me...it is totally iconic! Did I say I thought it was fabulous?!

This is what makes it even more fabulous...




...does it not make the most stunning hat!! What a good sport my sister-in-law is to model it:D Look out Royal Ascot here I come!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin