Monday, January 26, 2009

MY INAUGURAL EXPERIENCE

I've written and re-written this post...wanting it to somehow
be as special as the moment in time it is intended to reflect.
I regrettably do not possess those kinds of writing or photography skills.

Whether you were in DC for the Inauguration of our 44th President or
you watched it at home on TV...I think we all felt the gravity of the moment.

The photos of my inaugural experience are humble. There are no photos
of celebrities, grand Balls or front row views. They are just photos of people. People with a common sense of purpose anxious to see a page of history turn before their very eyes.


Since none of my photos in and of themselves are particularly special
I have grouped them all together in 4 little videos...one for each day
of the Inaugural celebration. This is the first time I have tried to make one of these little montages. After a few false starts...I think they've come out okay. Anyway, I hope you like them.









Kevin and I had a great time and we met a lot of very nice people in those crowds. I'd like to thank each and every one of them for sharing such a special experience with us. May our hopes and dreams for peace and prosperity come true.
Lead the way President Obama...we're all behind you!


Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle

P.S. Oh! I almost forgot. I brought home 4 commemorative pins. I'd love to send you one if you would like. Leave a comment here letting me know you'd like to have one and tell me how you celebrated the inauguration. If there are more than 4 of you who would like one...I'll put your names in the randomizer to determine 4 recipients.


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin