Friday, January 16, 2009

SSS & "I do solemnly swear...."

...that I am absolutely freezing!

It is currently -1F where I am right now. That's just wrong. I enjoy winter. I don't usually complain about it...really...but this is ridiculous. To add to it, the power in our entire village went out at 5am (no power=no heat) leaving it quite frigid...even in the house...under all my warm blankets. Nice way to wake up in the morning!

It will feel positively balmy in Washington DC on Tuesday with an expected temperature of 30F...ahhh that will feel good...warmth.

Believe it or not I am still working on my travel arrangements. This small town girl is beginning to feel a bit like she is making a pilgrimage to mecca. Cars and buses and trains and hiking...slowly but surely it's all coming together...and just in the nick of time. Obama-rama...as Cecile calls it...here we come!



Since this will be my last post till I return from the inauguration, I want to leave you with my shot for Hey Harriet's Shadow Shot Sunday.

Before I made my pilgrimage I thought it would be a good idea to get a massage...well it's always a good time to get a massage. Anyway, I found this lurking on the massage room wall.



See you all when I get back!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin