Friday, January 2, 2009

UNRESOLVED and RESOLVED

I'm not saying that I've made a resolution. I haven't. I don't make resolutions anymore. Every time I've made a resolution I promptly set about breaking it. So what I did was I went for a walk this morning. I may go for another one tomorrow morning. Probably won't walk on Sunday...but maybe again on Monday. Maybe. Just me. No husband. No dog. Just me. Thinking. Taking in the fresh air. Seeing. This is what I saw this morning...



Aaahh...the heavens opened and the sun shone thru. Just for me. Thank you sun. Thank you sky. Thank you heavens.

My grandmother on the other hand was a much more resolved woman. Two days before Christmas...on a Tuesday morning...my maternal grandmother died. She was 97. It was a blessedly short episode of pneumonia that finally got her. The evening before she died she said "I'm going home"...and that's exactly what she did. This was her at 16 with her brother Floyd.



Thanks for all the warm memories Grandma. Thanks for the love. I'm glad you made it safely home.

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin