Monday, February 16, 2009

ESTATE SALE BOOTY ~ Vintage Train Case & Sewing Collectibles

This past Friday and Saturday I, along with my mother and sister-in-law, had a great time raking in some estate sale treasures. We loaded up the Blazer on Friday and then went back for more on Saturday. On Sunday I spent much of the day washing vintage clothing and other textiles, as well as sorting thru a yit load of sewing notions.

One of the items I was intending to purchase was this cute little train case.



Little did I know someone had turned it into their sewing box and I would be getting all this.



The notions in the case easily cover a 7 decade span of time! There is one needle book with a register date of 1896. It is amazing to me when a little piece of paper and cloth survive 113 years...so far?!




This unusual shaped wooden sock darner is patent dated 1907.



There are at least a few things from the 1940's. I love the graphics on this needle book. It's marked "made in occupied Japan" (1945-1952).



There are lots of very useful things from the 1950's on up thru probably the 1970's...including a lifetime supply of needles and a ton of thread! A lot of the thread is from the more recent decades and still very usable. I shouldn't have to buy any new thread for quite sometime!




I'll be sharing more of the booty from our two day hunt as I get it sorted out and presentable. I found a couple of items of clothing that I just love...can't wait to show them to you!


Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin