Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MORE ESTATE SALE BOOTY ~ 1950's - 1960's Vintage Jewelry

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I have yet to completely unload my car from last weekends shopping spree. It's not so much the unloading of the car...as the cleaning, listing and storing all that booty. My downstairs bathroom is still looking like a Chinese laundry. Not that I've ever seen one...but that's how the saying goes. Right?

Anyway this next little bit wasn't such a hardship to deal with. Just some sweet little bling!



Vintage Trifari feather with pearls. Looks like it has a few tiny nail polish spots on it...not sure how to get that off faux pearls?



The R is marked Marvella. Not a name that I was familiar with...but thanks to Google I now know a bit. The little circle pin is unmarked.



Pretty simple, clean (except for that fuzz I didn't see until I looked closer at the photo) and classic Monet brooch.



I love this one. Very 1960's. Trifari. I can totally see my mother wearing this one back in the day. So pretty.



The best for last! As I'm sure my regular readers know...I'm not an expert on much. Certainly not on jewlery. However I can see that this bracelet is just beautiful! I'm very curious to learn more about it. It has such fine metal work and the little flowers are enameled. It has a very old look to it. Very nice quality. I don't see any markings on it.



So tempting to keep this one. Look at the detail.(Sorry I'm not an expert photographer either.)



Interesting story about the braclet. The lady at the "jewelry counter" bagged up all theses pieces and told Nick at the "checkout" the price for the bag. He asked her to repeat the price...although I know he heard her. Then he said to me "what's this" and took the braclet out of the bag and checked the price. He put it back in and said "oh, that's really nice". He's the owner of the estate sale company! He should have been the one doing the pricing...but he looked a little pale at the sight of the price on the bracelet. I could be totally wrong about what I thought I saw on his face...or maybe I have some real treasure here?! So if anyone knows anything...shout it out! Or maybe you'll just want to be real quiet and wait for it to turn up in my Etsy store gravely under priced!! Always the sellers dilemma...keep it moving...or play detective...hmmm?

More booty revealed on Friday...anyone want to come over and help unload the car?

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin