Tuesday, March 3, 2009

17 DAYS AND COUNTING...

Yes...I'm still counting down the days till spring. I've always liked winter but this one has been the longest and coldest I can remember. Although it looks very sunny at my little corner of the world...



...looks can be deceiving. It's a mere 12 degrees out there...burr. I am anxious to get outside and start working on some projects I have in mind for the upcoming Allegan season...but not in those temperatures. Instead I'll have to satisfy myself with a little indoor inspiration.

This is a great book. It's not a new one. It was published in 2005. But it's packed with so much antique and vintage goodness one could spend years garnering inspiration from its pages.



It's fun looking for ways to change up vintage treasure. Make it fresh and new again. Here are some fresh, fun and inspirational ideas from the book.

Who uses old mashers anymore?! Great idea to turn them into recipe card holders...how cute!



I'm not totally sure what you'd do with this little shelf...but I like it. Maybe to display a miniature salt & pepper shaker collection?



What a great way to re-purpose those old vintage lampshades! There are a lot of shades out there to be had and I can think of a number of different things that would make great bases.



Oh...I really adore this!! I think you'll be seeing some version of these in my booth at the shows this summer!! How cute it is this?!



And this idea is just plain fun!!



Thanks Sue and Ki for the inspiration! Bright and cheerful to warm the cockles of cold junkers soul!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin