Tuesday, April 7, 2009

GOODTIMES

It seems like I just shot out of here last week with little warning. Time has been getting away from me these days...one day blurring into the next. The trip kind of snuck up on me.

I'm back now. We had a great time. I hit the road with my two junking buddies (aka Mom and Sister in Law). And no, it wasn't in that 1970's VW Bug. Not enough room in that little thing to carry all our treasures...not even on the homemade roof rack. That was a photo of me circa 1979 leaving on a camping trip (my first car).

We made the 100 odd mile trip to Kalamazoo, where my niece Chelsea (my former model) is attending Western Michigan University.


Chels is taking business and fashion related classes and is a member of a group called MODA (Merchandising Opportunities and Design Association). MODA put on a fashion show last weekend to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation.


It was a fantastic show! We attended as VIPs and were treated to wonderful hors d'oeuvres, lovely music and sumptuous treats.





As is that wasn't enough fun for one weekend...we hit every thrift store we could find all the way down and back! WooHoo!!



Those are just a few pictured. Mostly I was too excited to get in to see what I could find to stop for a photo. I bet we hit at least 20-30 thrift stores. We even found a garage sale.



See that aluminum glider and the rocker? Mine:) LOVE them!!! I even have a matching lounge chair that I found last summer! What are the odds of that?! I don't think I'll be letting those go anytime soon!

Back to work now. Some of the weekend finds have already been listed...like here and here. Some stored for the Allegan show. This is what's left on the kitchen counter waiting to be dealt with....





Guess I'd better get cracking...I've got lots of catching up to do!

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle


P.s. I've started posting on a new blog for the Etsy Vintage Market Team. Stop by anytime and say hey!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin