Wednesday, May 20, 2009

OUT OF FOCUS

Wow! This blogger has gone totally off track. Remind me again...what is this blog about? Oh yeah, vintage. Antiques. Old stuff. That's right. So what's with all the shovel dueling, flowers, dancing, mushrooms and snakes! I've been all over the page. Must be spring fever?!

Time to get back on track. I've been working on a lot of things for the next couple of shows. The first one is Burley Park on Memorial Day. It's a real down and dirty flea market style show. They have all sorts of vendors there. I set up. But what I really like to do at this show is shop! All kinds of treasures to be had. Then the next weekend, Sunday the 31st is the Allegan show. Here's a peek at some of what I've been working on.



I have about a dozen of my made from vintage sun hats in various stages of completion. Some new made from vintage bags and banners. And a little re-upholstery project in the gossip bench.

Here's what I got finished today...


The bench in vintage barkcloth.



And a couple of hats. One in some Polynesian inspired vintage fabric and the other in a vintage cutter tablecloth.

Only 10 hats, 4 bags, 2 banners, a "garden art" bike and a re-styled table to go. Wish me luck!


Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin