Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Homemade TV Dinners ~ Who Knew?

We got our first CSA box from our local organic farm earlier this week. Among other yummies we got some nice bunches of Swiss chard and kale. I thought I'd get out the cookbooks and see if I could find something new and exciting to do with these greens.

While digging through my books I found this one...



I have no idea where I got it. Although it has nothing to do with fresh greens, I couldn't help flipping through it anyway. Printed in 1973.



I found this page particularly fascinating weird strangely intriguing.



It's a tutorial on how to make your own TV dinners...compartment containers and all.



Really?! In 1973?! Who did that? I know my mother didn't! Commercially made TV dinners had been on the market for a good 20 years. Have you ever made a homemade TV dinner or known anyone who has?

Huh...who knew?

Oh, and by the way, if you've got any good ideas for Swiss chard or kale...send them my way:D


Happy Treasure Hunting!
Lisa B.
Lisa's RetroStyle™

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin