Monday, August 10, 2009

A NEW BLOGGER ON THE BLOCK and INVITES...

One month last summer, at Allegan, a kindred spirit wandered into my little booth. She was set up in a space nearby. We shared a first name and similar taste in vintage and easily struck up a conversation. Turns out she was a fellow Etsian...and a rather famous one at that! Being new to Etsy, I had a million questions for her. Lisa was so gracious in providing me loads of useful tips. In the course of the conversation she mentioned she had two shops on Etsy, one for her vintage and one for her art. Being my ever nosey self I inquired about her art. When she started describing her block prints...something flickered in my memory.

I knew I'd seen her artwork...somewhere. As soon as I got home I started rifling through my old magazines. Sure enough there it was...in Better Homes and Gardens! It had really left an impression on me!!

Here's a little sample from her art shop, Artgoodies...


Love her work!!

And here's a peek into her vintage shop, Vintagegoodies...


You can always count on finding loads of fun, colorful vintage @ Vintagegoodies!

Lisa and I have continued to meet up at Allegan from time to time and exchange convos on Etsy. Recently, Lisa started blogging. I've added her blog to my blogroll, but since her RSS feeding isn't up and running yet, the link has been stuck down at the bottom of my list. So, I'd like to invite everyone to pay her a visit and welcome her to the blogosphere! I think you'll find Lisa and her blog delightful!

Speaking of inviting, I'd also like to invite anyone planning on attending the Country Living Fair in Columbus Ohio, to meet up with me for a fun day of shopping. Lisa will be set up as a vendor. I'll just be having fun!

One last invite...it's a ways off, but something to really look forward to! I for one have always wanted to go to the Brimfield Antique Show, but have yet to do so. Next spring, the time has finally come. I'm not just going as a shopper...I'm setting up....right next to Vintagegoodies! Lisa did the show this last May and had a great time. So I'm just gonna dive in head first and see what it's all about! Anyone planning on attending...please come by and say hi! We'll be in the New England Motel field. WooHoo...can't wait!!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin