Friday, April 2, 2010

Enjoying the Passing of Time...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...what I don't know could fill a dumpster, an ocean, sheesh how 'bout the cosmos!

The latest thing I've found that I don't know squat about are these balls.



They're neat little balls. Which are by the way a bit squat....nearly 5 inches, not quite round.

I was actually first attracted to the bag they were in.




Given my fondness for stuff...I'm always on the look out for items in which to put my stuff...and of course the stuff of my stuff loving customers. This one is for my customers.

Thinking it was a really cool bag, I bent down to have a closer look and inside I found the balls. I'd never seen balls like that before, so I knew I had to have them.

I took my new bag and balls home, cleaned up the old bag and got it listed (the bag and balls clearly did not belong together...it was just a good bag for carrying balls, or anything for that matter). I then set about trying to figure out what these balls were and what I should do with them.

The gentleman at the shop from which I bought them called them lawn balls. A google of "lawn balls" resulted in a number of links to sites about gazing balls and lawn ornaments. There were also some links to sites about lawn bowling. Turns out I should have been calling the balls bowls. I'd never heard of lawn bowling. I have now. If you'd like to learn more about lawn bowling you can start here.

That brings me to what I really wanted to share with you. Yet another thing I love about the hunt for old things, you never quite know where it will lead you. This time it lead me to this video.

A reminder of what it is to pass time rather than spend time. Which is a nice thing to be reminded of, especially with spring upon us and summer looming on the horizon.



Happy Friday!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin