Monday, April 12, 2010

Urban Decay - Saginaw Depot

I've another fascination to add to my list. In addition to roadside kitsch and vintage signage, I'm quite fascinated by the vestiges of urban decay. Perhaps someday I'll explore the reasons with a therapist, but for now I'll just make the confession to those of you reading and share a recent photographic example.

While visiting Saginaw, Michigan a couple of weeks ago I caught a glimpse of this building out of the corner of my eye and made a quick U turn.



It's their old Train Depot. Gorgeous. It's amazing to me that such a huge and beautiful building could be abandoned like that.






It must have once been the centerpiece of a thriving neighborhood. It is now surrounded by mostly empty lots and a few boarded businesses.

I of course couldn't help but notice the cool old sign.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin