Friday, July 30, 2010

Pears Pears Every-wheres

It's that time of year again...the limbs of our old pear tree are sagging mightily under the weight of a bumper crop of pears.




It's always a dilemma finding things to do with so much fruit. The squirrels eat their fill. We eat our fill. We can them. We give them to friends and neighbors. We put them out by the side of the road. And still there are more pears. I have a love hate relationship with that old pear tree.

Ever in search of more ways to prepare our bountiful fruit I perused this old cookbook today...circa 1935.



(click on photos to enlarge)

Hmmm...I don't know what a Quince is...even after googling it...I'm still not sure. I've not done preserves with our pears yet...maybe I should give that a try.


Mmmm...Pears Romanoff now that sounds good! Adding macaroons to the shopping list...oh, and whipping cream.



If you have any favorite recipes for pears...by all means share them! And if you're in the neighborhood please stop by and take a bushel home:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin