Friday, September 3, 2010

A Tale of Two Newspapers - Part 1

A couple of old newspapers found their way into my hands recently...one vintage and one antique. I'll be sharing them with you here in 2 parts...first the vintage part.

Packed away in a cupboard and forgotten about, this is a Sunday supplement of The Detroit Free Press from May 4, 1975.



I was most interested in the advertising in it.(Click on photos to enlarge for a better look).

I'm rather partial to the Serta Denim Divan...and the price $94.99!



Check out those Merry Mushroom canisters!



Did anyone really wear those pendants?



The Sassy little culotte dresses are really cute!



I heart the Revelations leather wedgies in the left upper corner!



Anything you heart from the 70's?

I'll post on the antique (1916) paper here next Friday.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin