Friday, November 5, 2010

Have Suitcase Will Travel

My love of vintage suitcases has two main roots 1.) I love travel and anything that puts me in mind of it and 2.) I love places to put things...and whether traveling or not...vintage suitcases are cool places to put things.


When I find one of these old lovelies I can't help but bring it home...no matter what its condition...I always think I can clean it up. Well, you know...sometimes it turns out you just can't. No matter how much you clean...while they may sparkle on the outside...their inners remain...well...skanky.


What's a girl to do? You can't abandon an old friend in its hour of need! So, I did the only thing left to do...


...I tore all that nastiness out...time for a makeover.

This sweet little blue and white number is my first completed makeover... 



...from fetid...

...to fetching...


The lining is from vintage fabric and the trim is secondhand bias tape. As my skills grow I hope to be able to add mirrors and perhaps pockets to future efforts...but for now simple, fresh and clean. 

This new and improved old girl is ready to be traveling on!

Happy Friday everyone!  

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin